We are now resuming our Coffee and Conversation events. To make up for the months we missed due to the pandemic, we are holding a Coffee and Conversation (C&C) event nearly every Saturday this fall.
Please join us from 9-11 a.m. for an informal presentation about a military conflict, branch or event. Come early to ensure your spot and to enjoy light refreshments.
COVID-19 Notice: In order to help protect your health during this pandemic, we are following state and local guidelines and will be limiting the number of people in the main presentation room. However, we will be streaming the presentation live in our library and in one of our exhibit rooms upstairs. Everyone entering the museum is required to wear a mask.
C&C is Now Live Streaming!
If you can’t attend a C&C in person, you can view each presentation live from home via the live stream on our YouTube channel. Simply go to our YouTube channel and look for the live stream video at 9 a.m. on any C&C scheduled Saturday.
If you or someone you know is interested in presenting for a Coffee & Conversation, please contact Mike Fellows (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- September 26 – “Colorado’s Contribution to Victory in WWII”
- Presented by Flint Whitlock
- October 10 – Special Presentation at Broomfield Auditorium, 10 a.m.
- “A View of WWII Through Women’s Eyes on Both Sides of the Atlantic” – Presented by Shirley Jamiel and Colleen Sawyer
- Shirley and Colleen will share different stories of women’s roles during WWII, including the story of Genevieve DeGaulle who worked with the Free France Movement and was captured and sent to a women’s concentration camp in Germany. They’ll also share stories about women in the U.S. who supported the war effort from the home-front.
- October 17 – “Global War on Terrorism Veterans: Where do we fit in?”
- Presented by Ryan Wolf
- Learn about resources for veterans, ways to give back and more about veteran community for the newest generation of veterans
- October 24 – “Life on a U.S. Navy Cruiser”
- Presented by USN, LT, Navigator Adrian Hovey
- October 31 – “Investigation of the Wichita State Plane Crash Near Loveland Pass”
- Presented by Tracy Perry
- November 14 – “How the World War I Armistice Shaped our Modern World”
- Presented by Ryan Woolf
Coffee and Conversation Archive
Most of our Coffee and Conversation presentations are recorded and added to our museum’s YouTube channel. To view the full list of videos with their associated links, please click on the link below:
We’d love to hear from you! Please share any feedback with us about these videos at email@example.com.